We should all know that an oral hygiene is extremely important for both good looks and healthy teeth. Nowadays we are always busy,on the run, but we don’t have to forget about our daily little tricks that will help us maintain our teeth and gums healthy.
Before going to a dentist’s office for a routine check-up or because we are experiencing some issues regarding our teeth, we need to make sure that we followed most of these tips that have the role of helping us look after our health.
- The most important advice is mostly a rule: You should brush your teeth at least twice a day! The best time to brush teeth is after meals. Choose a toothbrush with a small head for better access to back teeth. Soft bristles are kinder on your gums.
- Take enough time. Don’t do things in a hurry, you should always brush thoroughly because a normal tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
- Floss your teeth daily. This needs to be a complementary habit to brushing your teeth and it should be done on a regular basis, but make sure you use a slow and gentle sawing motion when doing this.
- Limit acidic drinks that might cause cavities. Food acids soften tooth material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes(cavities or caries). In severe cases, teeth may be ‘eaten’ right down to the gum.
- Limit sugary foods. We all know that sugar is not good for our health in any way, especially because it destroys both our health on the inside and our teeth due to bacteria in dental plaque that changes sugar into acids.
- See your dentist regularly. You should see your dentist for regular check-ups as well, not only when dental problems occur.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste. Most of us don’t pay that much importance to what toothpaste we are using, but there are more important elements to look for on a toothpaste besides whitening power and flavors. No matter which version you choose, make sure it contains fluoride. While fluoride has come under scrutiny by those worried about how it impacts other areas of health, this substance remains a mainstay in oral health. This is because fluoride works by fighting germs that can lead to decay, as well as providing a protective barrier for your teeth.
- Drink more water. Water continues to be the best beverage for your overall health — including oral health. Also, as a rule of thumb, doctors recommend drinking water after every meal. This can help wash out some of the negative effects of sticky and acidic foods and beverages in between brushes.
- Eat crunchy foods and vegetable. Ready-to-eat foods are convenient, but perhaps not so much when it comes to your teeth.Eating fresh, crunchy produce not only contains more healthy fiber, but it’s also the best choice for your teeth, and you will also put those jaws to work(especially for children).
- Choose only premium products if you need to. Our best product in this field is the Looshie Dental Kit that is suitable for men and women all ages and it works as an invisible 4D braces with the role of helping you achieve that dental perfection, while also being an innovation in terms of looks and utility.